ETL Migration Solution
UST Global’s ETL Conversion engine significantly accelerates the migration journey resulting in reduction in migration effort and costs by 60-80%.
Data-driven businesses rely on their decision support systems and data warehouses to provide real-time access and analysis of business critical information, in order to provide the most comprehensive data management services. Organizations typically invest in COTS ETL software to address this need. However, these investments become prohibitive very quickly, due to high (ongoing and increasing) license cost and the highly skilled resources required to develop, support and maintain the software.
While few organizations migrate to open source tools or from one COTS solution to another, 100% manual conversion consumes significant time and labor cost. UST Global’s ETL Migration product allows organizations automate the migration from one ETL platform to another, thereby saving time and money. The automated conversion process allows best practices and standardization to be easily incorporated uniformly in the end deliverable.
- Specifically focused on migrating from expensive proprietary platforms to open-source platforms
- Easily adaptable for any ETL platform(s)
- Performs in-depth analysis of ETL source code and its components, for estimation and planning
- Automatically converts ETL source code from existing platform to a destination platform
- Provides conversion and analysis modes with fully customizable reports
- Incorporates and ensures best practices and coding conventions
- Generates fully customizable low level design documents
- Performs automated data validation tests to help in QA
- Trained end-users can author reports of his choice using the data
The Business Case
- Significant savings on the license cost
- Significant reduction in labor cost due:
- Reduced time to perform conversion (up to 80% savings)
- Automated Testing & QA
- Consistent and repeatable testing reduces rework
- Incorporates best practices and coding conventions producing robust and easily maintainable code, thereby reducing the TCO further